Broadleigh Gardens was founded during the 1940s by Alec Gray, who was famous for breeding miniature daffodils such as Tete-a-Tete. We bought Broadleigh Gardens in 1972 and still hold the National Collection of his hybrids. Since that time the nursery has expanded rapidly and is now the country’s foremost small bulb specialist sending orders throughout the European Union by mail order. Our range is no longer limited to bulbs, but also includes a wide range of the more unusual herbaceous and woodland plants. We pride ourselves on the supply of top quality bulbs and plants.
We welcome visitors to our Nursery and extensive 5 acre gardens for a charitable donation. This year’s charity is St. Margaret’s Somerset Hospice. Please remember we are a working mail order nursery, and orders may only be collected with prior notice. We have a limited range of plants on sale for visitors. Please bear in mind that orders from our Autumn Catalogue are now despatched from Kent.
The nursery has won many awards, including Gold Medals, at the RHS Westminster Shows, Tatton Park and at Chelsea, where our experienced staff will be delighted to answer any questions you might have.
Please remember this site only contains a very small sample of what Broadleigh Gardens has to offer. If you are searching for a particular plant or bulb, please contact our Nursery on 01823 286231(Taunton) for further information.
- How do I make an order online?
- What do the abbreviations in the plant description
- When can I order?
- When will my order be dispatched?
- How can I pay for my order?
- How will my goods be delivered?
- How much is Postage and Packing?
- Can I order from abroad?
- How will my order be confirmed?
- Can I collect my order?
- Can I add to an existing order?
- Can I order from the catalogue by email?
- Can I send an order as a gift?
- How do I get a Gift Token?
- What happens if an item I order is sold out?
- What are the Broadleigh Gardens Terms of Business?
- Can I see a picture of the item?
- Where is Broadleigh Gardens based?
- How can I make contact?